Sunday, September 27, 2009

Soul Man

Hey Barry White Fans . . .
It's now autumn, and we are all faced with the daily grind of life again . . . no more vacations and long, sun-filled days lolling about at the beach. It's reality, most of us are not independantly wealthy, capable of doing nothing each day. Now's the time we must harken back to our youth, our carefree days . . remembering what it felt like to spend many hours doing whatever we darn well felt like doing. I can remember endless hours with the record player turning, spinning out the songs of my youth . . . any number of artists voices carrying out from those magic discs . . . unfortunately for me, I hadn't discovered Barry White then. I had heard of him, but I hadn't listened effectively to his wonderful voice, his melodies and compositions so intricate and soulful. Sometimes I really regret that I missed his heydey, the period of life when he was alive and giving us those songs, one after the other. How quickly the lights of life can dim if we aren't paying attention. It reminds me that life's most precious moments are those we get to spend doing just as we please in youthful pursuit . . when time is standing still and we eagerly accept the nothingness for we don't know what lies ahead. In remembrance of Barry White and my youth, I encourage all of you to take a moment to enjoy something carefree . . . do nothing but whatever it is you enjoy doing! That's what Barry got to do all of his life, what he loved! Celebrate the eternal youth of this masterful musician.

Take care,
Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment